Wednesday, November 01, 2006

School Fun

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Square pants! I made this Spongebob pinata for Pono's "Hispanic Day Party" at school. Spongebob is wearing a sombrero. Hola!


Darrin helped Pono make a canoe for the kindergarteners' "Transportation Parade." Who knew Darrin was so talented with cardboard? Pono enjoyed decorating it. I think his canoe was the most original. Most everyone else had cars and trucks.

This is our pumpkin for Halloween. Yeah, the bugs are gross!




I made a gigantic gelato pinata for Raven's class to celebrate "All Saints Day." The kids in his Italian school had never before seen a pinata. They were quite surprised when candy fell out of it. Raven thought he was the coolest kid in his class!

4 Comments:

At 11/02/2006 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW SANDI . . . CREATIVE PINATAS . . . HOMEMADE COSTUMES . . . WINNING JACK-O-LANTERNS . . . WINNING CHILI! . . . #4 ON THE WAY! You are officially a true-blue HOMEMAKER!!! Everything and everyone is so cute. Those pinatas belong in a crafty, how-to magazine. So what was your secret to the chili?

The big highlight of our Halloween was that I made curry. Whooptidoo! :)

 
At 11/02/2006 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still amazed at those pinatas. I keep looking at them.

 
At 11/03/2006 12:25 AM, Blogger Bella said...

Dear Scrooge,
Oh! Thanks for your compliments. I was so so proud of the pinatas. Too bad they just got broken up and thrown away!

As for the chili, I was NOT trying to win! I was just trying to make something mild/bland so that my kids would eat it. I also tried to make it as "cheap" as possible! No special ingredients!

I kinda felt bad when my pumpkin won 'cause most of the other pumpkins were made by kids! Ha ha! And I did NOT let my kids help me 'cause I wanted to win! I kept telling them, "Get away! Don't touch! Get your own pumpkin!"

 
At 11/09/2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandi and Darrin, all I can say is WOW!! Please adopt our children! By the way, I'm not letting them see these pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home